Full-time Post-doctoral/Research fellows with Ph.D.
Research Center for Wind Energy Systems, Kunsan National University
- Application deadline : Not limited since this is 9-year project(2016.5 ~ 2024.12).
- Salary package : 30,000,000~36,000,000[Won]per annum including insurance and superannuation. (USD 1=KRW 1,120 approximate)
- Location : Kunsan National University, Korea
- Categories : Academic and Research for Wind Energy Systems
- Terms : Each appintment is for one and may be renewed after successful evaltnation of the prior year.
Research Center for wind Energy Systems within Kunsan National University (KNU, http://www.kunsan.ac.kr), Korea, is one of the pioneering institutes in the field of wind power technology with more than 50professors and supporting staffs. We are planned to develop advanced wind turbine systems for 9 years funded by National Research Foundation of Korea (http://www.nrf.re.kr) and Korean Electric Power corporations. To perform the projects successfully, we would like to invite excellent fuii-time post-doctoral fellows and research fellows in the relevant fields. The project title is “Advanced Wind Turbine Systems Based on Novel Electrical Power Control techniques.”
RThe positions are defined by the object, however depending on the capabilities and experience of the applicants, there is flexibility in varying the mixture of classification and role. Application are to apply for one of the positions listed below. But the excellent full-time post-doctoral and research fellows in the other fields can be applied. We will select 5 fellows.
- Position 1 : Automatic control or power stabilization
- Position 2 : Electrical machinery or power electronics
- Position 3 : Blade dynamics or composite blade structural design
- Position 4 : Tower dynamics for wind turbine
Should you have any further questions in regards to the positions, piease contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com
Application information : Please make sure that you upload the following documents :
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including acurrent or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Career of Director in Center.
Young Hoon Joo received the B.S, M.S, and Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering form Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea. He worked with Samsung Electronics Company, Seoul, Korea, from 1986 to 1995, as a project manger. He was with the University of Houston, Houston, TX, from 1998 to 1999, as a visiting professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. His major interest is mainly in the field of intelligent robot, intelligent control, wind energy system control, wind farm control, robot vision, and intelligent surveillance systems. He is currently a professor in the Department of Control and Robotics Engineering, Kunsan National University. He served as President for Korea Institute of Intelligent Systems (KIIS) (2008-2009). He is serving as Editor-in-Chief for the International Journal of Control, Automation, and systems (IJACAS, SCIE IF=0.954) (2014-present) and as the Vice-President for the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers (KIEE) (2016-present) and Institute of Control, Robbtics, and Systems (ICROS) (2016-present), and as the Chief of Research Center for Wind Energy Systems funded by Korean Government(2016-present).