test free Payment
Qualification (Admission conditions 1~2 must be satisfied)
1. The applicant and both of his/her parents should be non-Korean or the applicant must have completed his/her whole education period (from elementary school to high school) abroad regardless of parents' nationalities.
2. Applicant should have level 3 or higher in Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK). But the applicants whose major is Science and Engineering, Art, Music and Physical Education are allowed to be admitted with level 2 in TOPIK only if it is approved by the department. (Note: Some department may demand higher TOPIK score than required by IALE. In that case, department’s decision has priority.)
※ Korean national (Including the applicant with dual nationalities or whose parents hold dual nationalities) or applicant who gained non-korean nationality less than two years ago is not eligible for the admission.
※ However, if the applicants applying for Science and Engineering, Art, Music and Physical Education once enter the university with TOPIK Level 2, they should complete more than 250 hours’ classes in Korean language program within 1 year after the admission.
1. Freshman : Freshman admission (Study years are 8 semesters or longer for BA degree)
2. Transfer : Junior (third year) admission (Study years are 4 semesters or longer for BA degree)
Required Application Materials
※If you get admission from KNU, all documents should be submitted in original.
|1||Application form||○||○||‧ Fill it on online application system|
|2||Self Introduction & Study Plan||○||○|
|3||Agreement to collect and use personal information||○||○||‧ Upload it on online application system with your autograph|
|4||Verification of Deposit||○||○||‧ Upload the scanned copy of it on online application system
- Minimum deposit of more than $18,000 at bank account of applicant or parents at home and aborad (Certificate must be issued within 1 month of submission)
|5||Official certificate of Elementary·Middle and High school(expected) graduation and High School transcript||○||-||‧ Upload the scanned copy of it on online application system
- Documents must be verified by the Korean Embassy in the applicant's country or Embassy of applicant's country in Korea or Apostille.
|6||Diploma and transcript of previously attended university||-||○|
|7||A legal state-issued certificate of family registry, which verifies applicant's family relationship||○||○||‧ Upload the scanned copy of it on online application system
- Koseki (Japan), Hukoubu (China), Birth certificate (other countries). [Certificate must be issued within 6 months of submission]
|8||Health Check Sheet||○||○||‧ Upload the scanned copy of it on online application system|
|9||Identification||○||○||‧ Upload the scanned copy of it on online application system|
|10||Official TOPIK Score Certificate||○||○||‧ Upload the scanned copy of it on online application system|
|11||1 passport photo (3.5×4.5cm)||○||○||‧ Upload the scanned copy of it on online application system (in JPG format)
- Colored photograph of face, front view, on white background, taken within the past six months
- Transcript and diploma issued by the local academic institutions should be verified and certified by the Korean Embassy in the applicant's country or in the embassy of applicant's country in Korea. If the institution is located in a member state that recognizes Apostille Verification, Apostille documents can be attached. (Member countries of Apostille : Japan, Mongolia, India, U.S.A., Peru, etc.)
- Documents submitted by the graduates from the institutions in China must be accompanied by verification issued at the websites: http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn, http://www.chsi.com.cn
- All documents should be submitted in original.
- No.5~No.7 documents should be submitted with the Korean translation and notarized if the original documents are not in Korean or in English.
- KNU may request additional documents for admission screening.
- In case the name of submitted documents is different, applicants must attach the document to prove the same person acknowledged by his/her country’s court.
The applicant and both his/her parents must be non-Korean or the applicant must have completed his/her whole education period (from elementary to high school) abroad
- Must have registered and completed sophomore year based on the definition of the enrolled university and earned required credits.
- The applicant must have be admitted at least 65~70 credits from previous college by applied department
Applicant must obtained level 3 or higher in Test of Proficiency in Korean(TOPIK). But, applicants in science and engineering, arts, physical education with level 2 in TOPIK are allowed to be admitted and they must complete 250 hours Korean Language classes which are offered free of charge within 1 year.
Required Documents(must be written in Eng/Kor)
All Required Documents for Freshman
◦ Original or Scanned copy (submit the originals after becoming the successful applicant)
◦ Applicant who graduated from China should prepare verified academic background document from "CDGDC" or "CHSI"
Diploma of Previously Attended University(Or completion certificate)
Transcript of Previously Attended University
◦ Original or Scanned copy
(submit the originals after becoming the successful applicant)
◦ Applicant who graduated from China should prepare verified academic background document from "CDGD"C or" CHSI"
Resident in Korea
The copy of alien registration card(both sides)